BecA-ILRI Director to host inaugural CONNECTED Webinar
Dr Cathrine Ziyomo, Director of Biosciences eastern and central Africa (BecA)–ILRI Hub, will host the inaugural CONNECTED Webinar on Thursday 18 February, which is open to all network members to attend free of charge.
Dr Ziyomo will deliver a presentation entitled: “Repositioning the BecA – ILRI hub into a One CGIAR Biosciences for Africa.” This will be followed by a Question & Answer session, and opportunities for networking.
One CGIAR is a dynamic reformulation of CGIAR’s partnerships, knowledge, assets, and global presence, aiming for greater integration and impact in the face of the interdependent challenges facing today’s world. You can read more about One CGIAR here
CONNECTED Webinar 1
- Dr Cathrine Ziyomo, Director of BecA-ILRI Hub
- Repositioning the BecA – ILRI hub into a One CGIAR Biosciences for Africa
- Thursday 18 February 2021
- 10.30 – 12 noon GMT (UK time). Please check carefully for time differences as they relate to your own location
- There is no need to pre-register for the Webinar. To attend, please use this Zoom link.
The aim of the new CONNECTED Webinar programme is to deliver webinars on a wide range of topics covering: viruses; insect vectors; crops; surveillance and diagnostic techniques in the field; laboratory protocols and techniques; data handling and analysis; new technologies; and opportunities for interdisciplinary working.
The style of these webinars will build on the success of the online presentations and workshops of the CONNECTED ‘Springboard To Impact’ Conference in September and October. As well as adopting a similar format, the Webinar series will be introduced by Dr Sylvester Dickson Baguma, Director, NARO-Bulindi Zonal Agricultural Research and Development Institute, Uganda, who fulfilled a similar role during the conference.
The following dates have been earmarked for future Webinars. Full details of all presentations will be published soon, to help interested network members mark these events in their own calendars:
- CONNECTED Webinar 2: Thursday 15 April, Details TBC
- CONNECTED Webinar 3: Thursday 17 June, Details TBC
- CONNECTED Webinar 4: Thursday 19 August, Details TBC
- CONNECTED Webinar 5: Thursday 14 October, Details TBC
- CONNECTED Webinar 6: Thursday 16 December, Details TBC
Dr Cathrine Ziyomo
Dr Cathrine Ziyomo, who joined the CONNECTED management Board in autumn 2020, is a plant Molecular Breeder with combined experience in public and private sector breeding institutions. Prior to joining ILRI, Cathrine was a maize Molecular Breeder for Dupont Pioneer based in Zimbabwe, where she was responsible for the development of drought and early maturing maize hybrids for East Southern and Central Africa region.
To read Dr Ziyomo’s biography on the BecA-ILRI hub website use this link