Evidence Leaders Africa Conference
Registration is open for the Evidence Leaders Virtual Conference, taking place on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 November 2020.
The two-day conference is part of the Evidence Leaders in Africa (ELA) initiative, which aims to inspire and empower African scholars to proactively engage governments to use science and innovation, as well as champion Evidence-Informed Decision-Making (EIDM).
The conference will cover various themes of EIDM including, but not limited to:
- Development and use of guidelines for evidence or research within government agencies
- Research/Knowledge translation i.e. synthesis, packaging including the use of policy brief and other non-scientific evidence products,
- Participation of scientists in policymaking spaces,
- Use of platforms for improving interaction and research translation to facilitate interaction between policymakers and researchers,
- Building relationships including working with research evidence champions,
- Evidence Use in terms of COVID-19, experiences/lessons from Africa.
- The conference format will include a keynote address, panel discussions, presentations by Researchers on their initiatives in enabling EIDM, as well as skills-building, networking, and lesson-sharing sessions.