Fellowship opportunity call notification (deadline 27.03.19)
Please see below for details of a fellowship opportunity that may be of interest to CONNECTED network members:
Application deadline: 27 March 2019
To attract the most promising early career researchers from overseas in the fields of natural sciences, physical sciences, medical sciences, social sciences the humanities. A link to the scheme guidance is here.
- have a PhD. [Applicants in the final stages of their PhD will be accepted provided that the PhD is completed (including viva) before the start date of the Fellowship.]
- be working outside the UK.
- not hold UK citizenship.
- be competent in oral and written English.
- have a clearly defined and mutually beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host researcher.
Applicants should have no more than seven years of active full-time postdoctoral experience at the time of application.
Value and duration
- Awards last for 2 years and are available for a start date of 1 October 2019-31 March 2020.
- Funding consists of £24k per annum for subsistence costs, up to £8k per annum for research expenses and a one off payment of up to £2k for relocation expenses.
- A contribution to the overheads incurred, at a rate of 50% of total award value, to the visiting researcher.