JOIN OUR GROWING NETWORK!
We are building a sustainable network of world-class researchers to develop practical solutions to plant disease in Sub-Saharan Africa. Join us!
The Community Network for African Vector-Borne Plant Viruses (CONNECTED) is a Vector-borne Disease Network awarded to the University of Bristol, UK. It is co-funded by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC), the Medical Research Council (MRC) and the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) as part of the UK government Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) which supports research on global issues affecting developing countries.
Membership of the CONNECTED Network is open to anyone interested in becoming part of a multidisciplinary community seeking to address the challenges of vector-borne plant viruses.
CONNECTED supports collaboration between researchers in the UK and developing countries, as well as engagement with end-users, stakeholders and policy makers. It creates opportunities for individuals to engage with each other, build critical mass and create research consortia to respond to funding opportunities in the research area of African vector-borne plant viruses.
We are committed to ensuring the Network is well represented by members from environmental, social, economic and policy fields as well as members with wide-ranging biological expertise.
Network members can:
- Use our searchable directory of members to find research partners, to forge new links and consolidate existing ones
- Apply for pump-prime funding. UK-based BBSRC-eligible Network members will be able to apply for pump-prime funding. Preference will be given to joint applications with an Africa-based partner. Early career scientists are specifically encouraged to apply
- Apply for CONNECTED training funds to attend a training course or visit other Network members to gain new expertise
- Attend a Network event and help define the future direction of the Network
- Send a short advert/item to the Network Manager for inclusion in the next CONNECTED newsletter
Please read the CONNECTED Network membership terms and conditions.
To register as a member of the CONNECTED Network, please fill in your details below. By becoming a member, you and agree to our membership terms and conditions and always to act in accordance with them. If you do not agree to these terms, do not register.
* The ORCID iD is a free and unique digital identifier for researchers. See www.orcid.org for more information.
** Early Career Researcher: received your highest degree (BSc., MSc. or PhD.) in the last 7 years.
Benefits of becoming a Connected member
UK-based BBSRC-eligible Network members will be able to apply for pump-prime funding with costs allowed for projects in Africa. Preference will be given to joint applications with African partners. Early career scientists are specifically encouraged to apply.
CONNECTED will work with national and international funding organisations to identify opportunities to take forward research on vector-borne diseases.
CONNECTED will support Network members with both their applications for pump-prime funding and subsequent applications to national and international funding organisations.
Network members will be able to apply to attend training workshops, and apply for travel funds to visit other Network members to learn specific scientific techniques and gain insight into grant writing and paper writing at the host institution.
CONNECTED will run a series of scientific meetings, seminars and networking events in Africa and the UK where Network members can meet and collaborate.