Interested in African food and crop waste?
We are sharing news of two related webinars that may be of interest to members:
Innovating and Collaborating to Reduce & Reuse African Food Waste
These are organised by Innovate UK KTN as part of AgriFood Africa Connect, exploring how partners in the UK and Africa can collaborate to enhance the success and adoption of innovation processes to reduce food waste.
- Fresh Produce Waste | 29 September 2022 | 10:00 – 12:00 BST
- Dairy Waste | 20 October 2022 |10:00 – 12:00 BST
Each webinar will explore the current landscape and valorisation of food waste across Africa for fresh produce waste and dairy waste.
In sub-Saharan Africa, up to 52% of the fruit and vegetables produced annually go to waste.
These online events will examine key food waste challenges, identify best practice circular economy initiatives and showcase innovations that can reduce or help reuse food waste.
You will have the opportunity to connect with others to collaborate with and hear about Agrifood Africa Travel Grants to support new collaborations between the UK and Africa.
- Wealmoor, Fernanda Aller, Sustainability Manager
- Mayowa Ekundayo, Raise a Farmer Initiative (RAFI)
- Blueskies, Lana Mo, Business Development and Innovation Manager
- Hydro Victoria Fish Farm, Fredrick Juma Valueform Ltd, Prakash Korde
- Valueform Ltd, Prakash Korde
Who are these events for?
- You are interested in reducing & reusing food and crop waste in Africa
- You have a challenge linked to food and crop waste in Africa
- You are working on an innovation around fresh produce or dairy waste
- You are an investor looking to support initiatives that reduce food waste in Africa
- Find out more about challenges and opportunities around food waste valorisation in Africa.
- Learn about innovations to add value to AgriFood wastes.
- Make connections with companies, academics and stakeholders across the UK and Africa involved in food waste valorisation for potential collaborations.
Click below to find out more and register for free.