Watch our new maize film!
You can now watch our brand new five-minute film focusing on two Kenya-based projects involving international collaborations which are seeking ways to battle diseases that devastate maize crops. To watch, use this link
Maize lethal necrosis disease
The two projects investigate the spread of maize lethal necrosis disease, and the insect vectors that spread it.
The projects are international research collaborations bringing together:
- Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Newcastle, UK
- University of Cambridge, UK
Key people involved in the projects are:
- Neil Boonham (Principal Investigator)
- John Carr (Principal investigator)
- Douglas W Miano
- Cyrus Mugambi
- Jane Wamaitha Mwathi
- Paul Kuria
The new movie was made in association with local film-makers, Re-tuning Cinema in Africa. It includes interviews with some of the key people involved, and gives an overview of the research projects’ aims, and the techniques being used to fulfil them.