Find out more about CONNECTED by watching these videos
People interested in finding out more about the CONNECTED project can now do so by watching a series of short interview clips with some of those involved.
• Project Director Prof. Gary Foster
• Co-Director Prof. Neil Boonham
• Prof. Nicola Spence, Chair of the project Management Board & UK Chief Plant Health Officer
• Dr Lava Kumar, Management Board Co-Chair & International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Nigeria
• Dr Anne Wangai, Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organisation
• Prof. Emmanuel Okogbenin, African Agricutural Technology Foundation, Kenya
• Hayley Shaw, Manager, Cabot Institute, University of Bristol, UK
• Dr Yvonne Pinto, Agricultural Learning and Impacts Network, UK
• Dr Sarah Nanyiti, National Agricultural Research Organisation, Uganda
• Katie Tomlinson, University of Bristol, UK
The short clips cover a range of issues, including
• The impact of vector-borne plant disease on African communities
• The purpose and approach of the CONNECTED project
• The global importance of the project and the opportunities it provides for interdisciplinary work
• Its pump-prime research funding opportunities
• The importance of early career researchers’ involvement
The interviews were filmed in Bristol, UK, during the CONNECTED project’s UK Launch Conference
They can all be viewed using this link.
Further videos, including full presentations made at the UK launch Conference, are available to CONNECTED network members only in the ‘member resources’ section of this website. Anyone with an interest in African plant virus vector-borne disease can apply to become a network member using this link.