‘Springboard To Impact’ Virtual Conference, 21 Sept – 2 Oct
The CONNECTED ‘Springboard To Impact’ virtual conference takes place from Monday 21 September to Friday 2 October via Zoom.
This is a virtual conference of presentations, workshops and networking, offering delegates opportunities for consolidation, collaboration, and continuation.
The conference will:
- provide reports on the 20 CONNECTED pump-prime funded research (PPF) projects
- act as a ‘springboard’ to develop and deepen the collaborations that have emerged from them, and from other CONNECTED activities.
Most sessions, including all 20 PPF presentations, are open to all CONNECTED network members.
Please note carefully that all times stated are British Summer Time (BST, which is GMT +1)
WEEK ONE: Mon 21 – Fri 25 September
- Presentation by CONNECTED Network Directors, Prof. Gary Foster and Prof. Neil Boonham
- Presentations and Q and A by each of the 20 projects which have been run with PPF provided by CONNECTED
- A networking session about the PPF projects.
All network members are invited to attend all Week One events, and there will be opportunities to ask questions.
Scientific posters produced by each of the 20 PPF teams will be available online from Monday 14 September, one week before the conference, for advance viewing. You will be notified in an email on that day, and you will need to be logged in as a CONNECTED Network member to view these. They will remain available until Sunday 4 October.
WEEK TWO: Mon 28 September – Fri 2 October
- A series of workshops around the themes of: research methodology & technical challenges; project management; action planning; agricultural innovation, and networking. These workshops are for PPF team members and invited participants.
- A Communications Coaching workshop, open to all network members
- Wrap-up presentation on the next steps for CONNECTED by Network Directors, Prof. Gary Foster and Prof. Neil Boonham, open to all network members.
To join the network free of charge, use this link. When joining be sure to enable emails from The CONNECTED Network, as joining instructions for all the open Zoom sessions will be sent by email to all network members.
The full set of Zoom joining instructions will be emailed to network members on Monday 14 September, along with links to the scientific posters mentioned above. In addition there will be a daily email, sent early morning, with that day’s sessions’ joining instructions. These emails will duplicate the Monday 14 September information but will also act as a morning reminder of what is coming up on that day.